Thursday, January 12, 2006

Visiting memories that was once lost, and obtained, once again.

After days of burning rubber, Translating, and burning even more rubber (Need For Speed Most Wanted is addictive, but not the best pursuit game in the series. NFS:HP FTW!), I've finally decided to get away from the computer, and head down to the Chess Club today.

About time too, since the J1s are not exactly well trained in bridge, thanks to lazy fags for seniors they have, seniors like me.

Appartently Thursday is not a good day, since the room was pretty empty. Will head back on Wednesday though, since that's when the crowd appears.

But I musy admit, the single girl who stayed around to hear my ramblings, was a pretty..decent student. Asking wierd questions when she had no idea what I was talking about. I'm planning to turn her into the next bridge captain. \o/

Who am I kidding...>_>

But yes, opening bids are done, and (as usual), people are complaining that it's too much. I guess they have yet to see response bids, artificial bids and sacrificial bids.

And then, there is game play.

Hehe, guess the idea of "Coming to the room to knock a few chess pieces around" theory does not hold too much in our club. For every chess, you need to memorise the openings. I still have a hard time recalling the Scillian Defense/Accelerated Dragon opening line.

Hell, I hate the Scillian.

4 Knights FTW!

After the session, I headed to Century Square to buy a Gundam Marker for my Strike Freedom (My dad took the pilers..>_> So it's still on hold. Bah.) After buying the markers ($3.90? >_>. Hell, they are selling the Lightening Edition at $199? What are they, insane? Even the ones at Cinleisure is selling it at $169. HK sells it for..uh..$120, if you know where to look), I head to the arcade to play a round or 2 of Ghost Squad.

Bloody hell, that place used to be one of my favourite arcades because it has all the new games. However, it seems to have lost half of it's space, and it does not have the latest Light Gun games (Cobra The Arcade and House Of The Dead 4. Both excellent games). Meeh.

As I was watching two TR-14 sprayers (Hence, defined as nubs. Pros use Single Shot. XD) duke it out on the Ghost Squad Machine, suddenly, I saw a familiar face.

Angela.

A quick wave of hand, and stuff, as she walked by with a guy. No point saying anything, since the arcade is insanely noisy.

But I'm glad to see that she's doing well.

Me, on the other hand, isn't. Rofl.

Ah well.

However, suddenly, I looked at my watch. 7:25pm stared back at me.

Suddenly, I realised something.

The last 19 bus leaves at 7:30...

And I'm still watching 2 nubs duke it out on the 1st stage of the game.

I took my GS card (placed on the machine to.."chop" the machine), and practically ran to the bus stop, even tough I could get there easily on a brisk walk.

As I was taking the bus home, I was wondering, what I could have said, the difference between Angela and me now. LoL.

World spins on too quickly.

And hell, I didn't even say good bye.

Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home